I know this can be an unpredictable, possibly stressful, time for you. Know that it is important that you have people to reach out to and talk to about what's going on and your thoughts about it all. Here are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Stay in touch with friends and family. Talk on the phone or if possible video chat with those here locally as well as those in other areas of the country.
- Keep a regular schedule. Go to bed and get up at regularly set times.
- Spend time with family. Talk. Eat meals together. Don't isolate yourself.
- Don't be scared to let others know if you are struggling, We are all in this together!
- Journal. Draw and/or write. Get it out of your head and down on paper!
- Try to get some exercise every day. Go outside. Do some stretches. Walk around your yard or even in your house.
If you need to talk or would like to participate in a small group, email me or give me a call at 615-904-3881 ex.27106.
If you are a teacher or a parent and would like to refer someone for counseling, follow this link.