Welcome to Mrs. Dewey's first grade class!
Welcome to First Grade at Rockvale Elementary! I am glad to be your child's teacher this year. I will work to provide a safe learning environment for your child and build a strong academic foundation for the students. When I am not at school, I am enjoying time with my children and family. We enjoy baseball games, going to see movies, eating out and visiting friends.
Important Upcoming Dates:
- Field Trip Thursday October 25 to Hands on Science Center in Tullahoma Tennessee. Please pack a lunch in disposable containers with your child's name on the bag or purchase one from school.
- Book Fair will open this week:
Book Fair Hours:
Friday: 7:30 to 2:30
Monday: 7:30 to 2:30
Tuesday: 7:30 to 5:30
Wednesday: 7:30 to 11:30
- Thanksgiving Lunch for K-2 will be November 13
- Thanksgiving Lunch for 3-5 will be November 14
Open Gym is now available:
Dates for October:
10,12,17,19,22,24,26 & 29th
- PLEASE pick up on time....
- Students must have a ticket already filled out in AM to stay.
- You might want to send extra snack.
- Pick up in front of gym/parents must come in to sign out
General Supply List:
1 inch clearview 3-ring binder
2 composition books(wide rule)
1 snap top school box
24 sharpened #2 pencils
1 pair scissors (pointed tip)
12 Elmer's glue sticks
2 yellow highlighters
3 packages of pencil top erasers
2 boxes of 24 Crayola crayons
1 box of tissues
earbuds for use with computers
1 backpack (without wheels
WIN (What I Need): 7:50-8:35
Related Arts: 8:50-9:30
Related Arts Rotation:
Spelling words come home in the BEE book every Monday. Look for those in your child's binder to study for the week. Spelling tests will be on Friday.
Sight Word Folders:
Sight word folders will be checked each Wednesday. If your child misses a word, it will be highlighted. Practice these words and once they get these correct, I will check that word off. These words need to be read upon sight as they are high frequency words that come up often as we read.
iReady codes on on your child's agenda and can be used at home to practice reading and math skills at home. This is a fun and engaging program that our county provides and is a wonderful way for your child to build skills while having fun.
If you wish to order from the Scholastic book orders that I sent home, the online order code for our class is: